Mug's Station

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Do we really "Talk"?

Are we communicating? Or we are not communicating at all?
There are so many means of communication, but how come there are still all sorts of confusion and mis-communication? Are we communicating too much or too little?

In the old days, people only have letters, and that's the most precious thing in the world. People can collect letters throughout the years as a show of how precious one treasures the relationship.

Sometime ago, we have just home phone, and we are all calling each others to chat at home. Expecting a call from someone is a nice thing since it's precious.

With the information boom, we have suddenly many ways of communicating: cell phone, email, messengers, SMS, blog, and now even community based sites. However, since we are so distracted from our communication with all these means, people are hiding away from some means and causing the breakdown of communication.

However, one thing is sure: regardless how many ways you can communicate with others, those are just channels. If one does not want to open up, you still cannot communicate.

I don't know why people like doing blog now (though I'm doing it as I typed). Initially, I treat this as a way of mass emailing people for my sharing. However, the fact is you don't really inform people as you write. So, you are virtually writing to no one. Whoever are interested in your life may check your blog out, from time to time.

As I read others's blogs, I suddenly got the feeling of peeping into others' diary. In a sense, blog is a public diary. However, why would one check out blog of others. Are you interested in just that persons' life? Or are you trying to dig out clue if someone has some special things going on? Or you wanna dig out someone's secret? Or...

Afterall, blog is really just a one-way communicaiton, even with the comment feature. I still value personal chat, which you have interaction in real-time. However, a lot of times, we are limited by environment that we can't really chat freely.

從何時開始 我慾言仍不語

In fact, I think quite a lot of times, I am like this. There are many things in my mind that I would like to share with someone, just that due to time and location constraint, or other constraints, all the words are kept to myself.

I guess the only one who knows all I have in my is Jesus, since he knows even before we speak. No wonder You are always my best friend. You know my thoughts, my weakness and my need.

Please guide me and hear my prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home