Mug's Station

Monday, March 26, 2007

Reunion with Primary School Classmates

It's really amazing that we can still gather together after so many years! Even though we all have our own lives, it's still the old familiar faces. It brought back the good memories of the old days when we grew up together.

We chatted on many topics, but one thing that I find interesting was the way how we looked back. In my mind, my years in primary school were the golden years, with little pressure and had fun all the time. All I could recall was the time when we played together. I always felt lucky that I joined that primary school, which allowed me to enjoy my childhood, not to mention about the interesting needlework classes that we took.

Obviously, not everyone felt the same way. They reminded me about the homework we need to do, and the exercises we need to take to prepare for the public exam. I still recalled that digusting yellow workbook for Chinese exercise, and the fact that I could memorize the index of the Chinese dictionary because of the frequent lookup of the words. That maybe the reason why I hated Chinese a lot in my secondary school. ;)

I guess one's impression is shaped by one's encounter. Everything in the world comes in relative terms. To me, primary shool was still the best time in my memory, regardless of the amount of work that we did. Nothing can be compared to the amount of time I spent in study during my secondary school years, that I virtually enjoyed very little.

Another interesting aspect was that I found out how stupid I was when I was in Primary school. They were chatting about different classmates on their looks and their background, which I knew almost nothing until now! I'm amazed by how much they could grasp on people. I'm always slow in this. I think I have developed my skill throughout my life, but there is still much more to learn in terms of understanding others and be sensitive to others.

There are not that many friends can keep in touch for such a long time. Thanks God for granting us the friendship. Though it's very old fashion, I still hope that our friendship will last forever.

We all have a dream of gathering more primary school classmates together. See if we can have this dream comes true one day!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger happycrystal said…

    so good! reunion with primary school classmates ... seems impossible for me la. so hope u keep it up!

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Belinda said…

    Totally agree with you that the primary school period was such a sweet memory! I don't have too many strong ties with my primary schoolmates now. But the experience, the people met there, the lessons still vividly stay in my mind and my heart.

    Hey, can't believe that there was needlework class in your primary school! It's uncommon.

    Also, I don't know that you actually enjoy very little in your study during secondary school!!! It's difficult for me to imagine. Hmm, that may be the price of getting such high mark every time. I always thought that it's just a nice challenge for you at that time. Luckily, I got mediocre result and hence I thought I pretty much enjoyed that period, haha. Still miss my Physics and English classes a lot.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger About Me said…

    I feel so honor to join the reunion this past weekend. It is really something to smile about. I had such a great time and I believe that our friendship will indeed last forever. It is a very special bound that I cherished dearly. Thanks God that I was in the primary school that I was in. Miss you already.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home