Mug's Station

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Just do it?!

Do you still recall the slogan "Just do it"?

It's been a long time since it was used. However, I guess this is always a good reminder, especially for a person like me who like to analyze so much before taking action.

For a few weeks in a row, I have been asking myself on a Sunday: What am I doing here? Am I spending my time right? Why are you doing all these? Shouldn't you be somewhere else doing something else?

Finally, I sat down, and wrote down all the major questions I have tonight after shower, which are no new stuff: How should my life be? Where should I stay for good? Should I buy a house?

These questions are triggered whenever I saw someone else has achieved a milestone in their life, such as graduation, getting married, etc. Today, I have 3 friends graduating. While I'm happy for them getting their hard work recognized, I started to count back in time. When did they start their study? What have I done during these years? It's always a scary feeling to see everyone else advancing while I'm still not moving. It's true that each one of us has our own path and there's no absolute right / wrong path one should go through. Still...

As time goes, I'm even more confused about this. Have I been moving in the right path? Have I been spending my time right for what I have been doing.

A friend told me: if you are happy for what you are doing, you are doing it right. Another friend told me: why are you thinking so much? Just do it! Take action!

I need wisdom. I need guidance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home